Michael Parkin’s mobile art…if you can, go and see it with your own eyes.
A cheesecloth artist, with amazing portraits.
Mostly oils and a few acrylics. Landscapes and florals. Vladimir is a very talented and modest artist.
A pen and ink show from Heather Munro.
Call for Artists for the upcoming ‘ART OF IMAGINATION’ exhibition from September 1st to 14th at ORANGE GALLERY
290 City Centre Avenue, Ottawa, http://www.orangeartgallery.ca
The Canadian Society for Art of Imagination is looking for imaginative and spiritual works of art that exhibit artistic skill, for the ART OF IMAGINATION exhibition in Ottawa from September 1 through 13 2014
Members of the Canadian Society for Art of Imagination may apply for free non members may also apply, but will have to pay a $75 membership fee to the society if accepted. This fee includes one year membership with the society, the right to apply to other Art of the Imagination shows in other countries, and a magazine subscription to INSCAPE, our international Art of the Imagination magazine.
This will be the Art of Imagination’s first show in Ottawa. We are sponsored by our British and American Art of Imagination Societies with associated members works included.
The Goal of our society is to foster Art of Imagination in co-operation with other similar societies throughout the Globe. The Exhibition will include works of contributing members from Europe and the United States.
To submit your work for consideration, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- 1 – 3 jpegs with a HEIGHT NO GREATER THAN 480 pixels and a WIDTH NO GREATER THAN 600 pixels
- TITLE, MEDIUM, DIMENSIONS and PRICE and a short description of each work if you wish.
- $10 CDN non refundable submissions fee for all applicants
You can use this link for payments with paypal or credit card:
or MAIL CHEQUE made out to:
In Trust Bhat Boy
27 Wilton Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 2T4
Deadline for submissions is Thursday July 31.
There will be a 50% commission on all works, works must be for sale.
Accepted artists who are not already a member of the Canadian Society for Art of Imagination will pay a fee of $75 for participation in the show, and one year membership in the society.
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY
CANADIAN SOCIETY FOR ART OF IMAGINATION
AT ORANGE GALLERY,
290 City Centre Avenue, Ottawa
Conditions for submitting work: Send in 1 – 3 original works (good quality jpegs of the works with a HEIGHT NO GREATER THAN 480 pixels and a WIDTH NO GREATER THAN 600 pixels Please keep a copy so you have a record of works submitted. Smaller, affordable works may be given priority over larger, expensive works when juried.
Submission Fees: There is a submission fee of $10 CDN for up to three submissions which is not refundable under any circumstances,
No works will not be considered unless the fee has been paid.
Cheques/PO’s/Money Orders to be made payable to:
In Trust Bhat Boy
27 Wilton Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 2T4
or by PayPal / major credit card to: email@example.com
All applicants will be notified if they have been accepted by August 12, 2014
For Accepted Artists
There is a $75 CDN participation fee for NON MEMBERS ONLY, you may pay using the instructions above.
Payment of this fee includes Society membership for one year.
Drop off: Sunday August 31, 11am-4pm, or in the custody of a society member who will deliver it for you during this time. (drop off can be arranged for Friday the 29, but Sunday the 31 is the gallery’s preferred option)
Pick up: Wednesday September 17 11am-5pm or arranged to be collected.
Reception on Thursday September 4 6-10 pm
Saturday September 13 6-10 pm
All forms of submission must be labeled with the title, medium, artist’s name and the selling price (inc. 50%commission) – identical to the information on the Entry Schedule and the label which, if accepted will be pasted on the back of the work.
Works are to be delivered to Orange Gallery on Sunday August 31 between 11 am and 4 pm, or in custody of a Canadian Society member who will deliver the works for you on (works may be shipped to Bhat Boy at 27 Wilton Crescent, Ottawa, K1S 2T4) (drop off at Orange can be arranged for Friday the 29, but Sunday the 31 is the gallery’s preferred option)
The responsibility for damage or loss at all times, however caused, rests with the artist, who is therefore advised to arrange adequate insurance cover against these and any other risks.
Commission + Prices:
Based on experience and taking in consideration the present financial turmoil we would urge artists to make their work affordable to enhance sales. The Gallery will charge a commission of 50% on the price paid on any work sold at, or as a result of, the exhibition or on commissioned work arranged through the exhibition organizers. Any sales effected by the exhibition organizers will have priority over a sale effected by the artist. The price stated on the entry schedule should include this commission of 50%. The price entered on the schedule and labels, in $CDN, will be the one used as the selling price. Copyright of all work remains the property of the artist. Any enquiries will be referred to the artist.
Unless otherwise requested in writing by the artist, works exhibited may be photographed for exhibition/press or publicity purposes.
The jury’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
Care of works:
1. The exhibition organizers will endeavor to take all reasonable care of works submitted but will not be liable for any damage occurring in the ordinary course of handling, whether such damage be caused by the negligence of the exhibition organizers, their staff or otherwise.
2. In the event of work being lost, destroyed or damaged, other than as stated in (1) above, the exhibition organizers’ liability (if any) shall not in any event exceed the value of the work as stated on the official entry form (less 40%) or any altered price subsequently notified to the organizers
3. The exhibition organizers shall not be bound by the price stated on the entry form and in the event of any dispute arising as to the amount of any such loss or damage, whether or not liability is disputed, the dispute shall be refereed to arbitration, an independent expert valuer to be chosen by agreement between the parties, provided always that the arbitrator’s award shall not exceed the exhibition organizers’ maximum liability in accordance with sub-paragraph (2) hereof. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and shall be conclusive evidence of the amount of the loss. The artist shall not be entitled to begin or maintain any action at law in respect of loss until the arbitrator shall have made a determination in accordance with the terms of this sub-paragraph and then only for the amount so awarded. The submission of the entry form is to be taken as the unreserved acceptance of the entire contents of these conditions and those on the form.
Here she is:
The siblings artists are showing their latest works now on display at Centrepointe Gallery.