Here is Karina in her studio. Very different from the one I met at the Triennial last August.
Here’s Josie with her Italian memories paintings.
I met Ingrid Hollander this afternoon, she was very busy preparing the new Gallery for the Great Opening.
A unique project of collecting and documenting handwriting into art over 365 days. I interviewed Mary today.
If interested in submitting a (cursive) handwriting sample, here are the guidelines and the address:
365 DAYS OF HANDWRITING
January – December 2014
This is a bookbinding project that involves 365 samples of original handwriting (cursive writing, script). It came about as a result of cursive writing not being taught in schools any longer. My goal is to acquire 365 different hand written (cursive) samples over the year.
To participate, please follow the following steps:
1. The hand written sample must be original (no mechanical
reproductions) – content is the writer’s choice
2. Written on a piece of paper 4 X 6 inches (10.1 X 15.2 cm)
3. Print your name, location (city/country) and link to a website, if available, on the sample
4. Once completed, send the sample to:
1116 – 1909 Russell Road
I will use a variety of bookbinding styles to bind the samples in weekly groupings which may be viewed at: http://www.bookartiste.blogspot.com. I will regularly introduce the project and participants on my blog throughout 2014. If you do not wish to be mentioned, please state this in your submission.
Thank you for participating in this project.
I interviewed Mr. Stemshorn this morning at the Art Brulant Cafe. Many thanks to Mr. Raymond Sander-Regier for allowing me to video record this.
Maria Gomez Umana sent this announcement:
We would like to invite you to take advantage of this unique opportunity. You may qualify to use a large studio, for six months. From April until October 2014 you would have free access to the space day and night. During that time you would produce a body of work to be exhibited at the beautiful Richcraft Recreation Complex in Kanata, opening on October 2014. The only fee is $150 to help with the insurance costs.
Please take a look at the description of the project on http://www.cncac.ca/studio
This is a unique opportunity for CNCAC artists. Deadline Tuesday April 8.
Maria Gomez Umana
CNCAC Operations, Partners, Members Director
Here is the message from Yasmina Proveyer, the Artistic Manager.
Miguel de Armas Latin Jazz Quartet is thrilled to make some musical announcements on the unique shows upcoming for early May. We will be hosting a 3-day concerts with different formats and programs with guest artists who are talented Cuban musicians based in Toronto: drummer Amhed Mitchel and bass player Roberto Riveron.
Please mark your calendars:
- On Thursday May 1st at 7pm MDA Latin Jazz Quartet will host a Latin Jazz Night at the Southminster United Church on the Glebe area (15 Aylmer Ave.) Ottawa ON 613-730-6874
- On Friday May 2nd Miguel will play with them as a trio at the Options Jazz Lounge, at the Brookstreet hotel.
- On Saturday May 3rd the MDA Latin Jazz Quartet will bring another guest artist -Cuban singer based in Montreal Adan de Dios- and together they will perform a traditional Cuban Night closing the Latin American Women Entrepreneurs Expo at the Library and Archives Canada. 395 Wellington St. Ottawa 613-996-5115
Tickets information can be found at http://www.melog.ca or search the event at http://www.eventbrite.ca
*Poster also attached
We also wanted to take this opportunity to ask for your vote today and support in helping Miguel get to the finals of the CBC Searchlight Competition. Check the links below if you want to find out more information:
Further information on the musicians can be found at:
Warmest regards and looking forward to seeing you!